A successful storage experience requires proper preparation and a little organization. At 21st Century Storage, we provide you with a list of the basics to get you started.
- Boxes are very important. Use them to pack smaller items, but limit the weight to 30 pounds for easy mobility. Remember, old boxes from grocery stores and liquor stores may be free, but they also contain moisture, mold and mildew that will damage your belongings.
- Label your boxes and face them toward the front of your storage unit to stay organized.
- Place larger items toward the back of your storage unit, and keep the items you need to access more frequently near the front of your space.
- Place plastic drop cloths under and over your belongings to protect them from dust and moisture.
- If you aren’t renting a storage unit with climate control, consider using products like Damp Rid to keep excess moisture away from your items.
- Use specialized Dish-Pak boxes for your glasses, plates and bowls to keep them safe and organized.
21st Century Storage offers insurance coverage at each of our locations. Natural disasters beyond the storage facility’s control can strike at any time without warning, and for only a few dollars a month, you can protect your items from potential damage that may be quite expensive. Visit the front desk and ask about our easy, fast and smart protection plan, so you can protect your stored goods.